The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian
Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission
is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
In Wilson County- The Salvation Army offers:
- After school and summer programs at our Lake Street buildings (strategically located across from more than 250 HUD homes).
- Emergency food, gas, and winter lodging for more than 700 families each year
- Prayer, worship and Biblical counseling
- Weekly ministry to local nursing homes
- Delivery of more than $20,000.00 in toys and clothes at Christmas time.
- Free shoes and school supplies as we partner with the Dewaal ministry team.
- THE ROAST CAFÉ, a safe 7-midnight venue for teens and young adults at our 216 S. Maple Street address. This building also hosts minister’s meetings, prayer vigils and youth events.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
- For $1.00 a day would you consider sponsoring a child to attend The Lake Street learning Center?
- Deliver a hot meal, fruit, or dessert for the children.
- Volunteer to teach reading or math.
- Come help children in choir, Bible, guitar, brass, piano, computer, art, drama, dance, sewing, or sports electives.
- Visit the Roast and consider volunteering or making cupcakes or cookies to be served with our coffee.
Sergeants Tom & Raechel Freeman
The Roast Cafè:
In the spring, The Salvation Army will celebrate its third year of The Roast Café- offering a safe 7- midnight venue for Wilson County teens and younger adults. Director Nikki Foster rejoices over God’s provision of volunteers and financial support to keep this open. This 216 S. Maple Street building is also used by local churches for minister’s meetings, prayer vigils and youth group events.